Limitations of Use
You shall not engage in potentially harmful acts that are directed against Pogo Park, its employees or partners, or other users of this Site including, without limitation, the following:
- misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with Pogo Park or another entity;
- “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Site;
- tampering with the operation or functionality of the Site;
- violating or attempting to override or violate any security features of the Site;
- attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site or breach any security or authentication measures;
- introducing viruses, worms, software, Trojan horses, or other harmful code into the Site;
- using software, devices, scripts, robots, or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any pages contained in the Site;
- allowing or assisting machines, bots, or automated services to access the Site without the express written permission of Pogo Park;
- interfering or attempting to interfere with the use of the Site by any other user, host, or network;
- harvesting or collecting email addresses or other contact information of other users of the Site by electronic or other means.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
Limitation of Liability
Pogo Park cannot be held liable for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the pogopark.org website. Although we make every effort to maintain a secure site, we do not guarantee that this Site, our server, or downloadable files made available on this Site are free of viruses or other harm. You agree to solely assume the risk associated with the use of this Site.
Links to External Sites
Pogo Park may occasionally post links to third party websites on this Site. Our decision to post these links is not an endorsement of the content found on third party sites, nor the ideas, products, or services promoted there. We are not responsible for the content or security of any third party website, and shall not be held liable for any damage or loss caused by the use of these sites. If you choose to click on links to third party sites, you do so at your own risk. You should take precautions when downloading files from third party sites to protect your computer from viruses and other harmful programs.
The Pogo Park logo and all articles, posts, photographs, videos, products, and other works of creative expression found on this website are the property of Pogo Park. As such, these items are copyright-protected under the law and may not be reproduced in their entirety or distributed without Pogo Park’s prior written consent. Selective quoting and paraphrasing is permissible if for non-commercial use if clearly and correctly attributed to Pogo Park. You may copy, download, and print content for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you:
- include without modification all copyright and identifying information contained in the content;
- do not modify the original content;
- do not use the content in a manner that suggests Pogo Park promotes or endorses your, or any third party’s, ideas, products, or services;
- do not use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity.
Pogo Park permits and encourages links to content on pogopark.org, but those links should not be used in any manner that is unlawful, harmful to others, or that suggests that Pogo Park promotes or endorses any third party’s ideas, products or services. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
For permission to reproduce content found on this Site, email our administrative office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request should include:
- your name and contact information;
- details identifying the work you wish to use (title, description, URL, etc.);
- the reason that you wish to use the work – for personal, research, commercial, commentary, criticism, review, or educational purposes;
- how you intend to use the work – length of time, number of places (e.g. on your website, in a powerpoint presentation), etc.
Pogo Park respects the intellectual property rights of others. Our website administrators are not permitted to knowingly post the creative or intellectual property of others on this Site without the permission of the copyright owner(s). If we are made aware of copyright-infringing material on this Site, our policy is to act expeditiously to remove it, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If you believe that your work appears on this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and would like to request its removal, please submit written notice to Pogo Park’s DMCA-designated agent, Toody Maher. Your notice should contain the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
- a description of the content that you believe is infringing, and information sufficient to enable us to locate it on our Site;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that Pogo Park’s use of the material in this manner is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in your claim is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
Pogo Park’s designated copyright agent can be reached as follows:
2604 Roosevelt Ave
Richmond, CA 94804
Phone: (510) 215-5500
Fax: (510) 215-5600
Email: t o o d y @ p o g o p a r k . o r g
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the rules of conflict of law that may cause the laws of another jurisdiction to apply. You agree to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts serving Contra Costa County in the State of California in the event of a dispute of any kind relating to this website or your use of it.
Effective Date of this Agreement is June 25, 2019.
No changes to date.